Another Live Role from NQB
2nd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer
|Salary||£30000 to £40000 per year|
As a Systems Engineer, you will join a dedicated team taking responsibility for our clients Linux-based Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
You will work to improve the reliability, monitoring and quality of the hosting and support services provided by the client and provide a comprehensive technical resource to projects and tasks, working with a range of technologies and clients.
Projects will include building high availability hosting solutions on AWS, migrating client’s applications to these platforms, and the development and implementation of internal technical solutions.
Key responsibilities are:
- Maintaining a variety of hosting systems
- 2nd line infrastructure support
- Design and implementation of hosting systems
- Technical advisory to the sales team
You will need:
- Experience in using AWS and other cloud services to provide scalable, robust hosting
- Experience of administering a wide range of Open Source technical software
- Experience of general administration of Linux servers and networking
- Experience of infrastructure and application monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Linux containers and best practices
- Experience of migrating, configuring, and troubleshooting common web CMS platforms
- Scripting, configuration, and troubleshooting skills
- Automation and DevOps skills and experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work proactively on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Awareness of ITIL, Information Security frameworks, and working within a Quality Management System
Technologies will include:
- Linux (primarily Ubuntu)
- Drupal/WordPress/Shopware/Magento, and similar CMS PHP based platforms
- Ansible configuration management
- Docker/Kubernetes/LXD container technologies
- Bash/Python scripting
- MySQL administration and performance optimisation
We’ve been in the Open Source business for over 15 years, it’s what we do, whether it’s providing consultancy, architect solutions, developing sites or support and hosting large scale projects. We know it keeps our staff focused and highly skilled experts in our industry. We care about the open source software we use – and ensure we contribute our time and code back to the projects in our day to day job.
We work with a wide range of high calibre clients and are well respected by both the Public and Private sector in consultancy, development, support and hosting. We work with some great projects including Blue Prism, The British Council, Uniper, IBM, Haringey Council, The Donkey Sanctuary.
We run a fun, friendly, and relaxed office environment as well as evening and weekend activities with the team. If you’re motivated, passionate and really want to make a difference, you’re going to fit right in.
28 rising to 33 days paid holiday per year
Flexible office hours to work around busy traffic periods and family commitments
A cycle to work scheme to encourage well being
Office hours time for contributing back to open source projects
Continuous learning through training and certification is encouraged within your role. Everybody is provided with time and funding to grow within their team.
5 days to use for your personal development and we will cover the cost
Yearly personal training budget
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Company Pension
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Store Discounts
Commercial Linux administration: 1 year (Preferred)
Amazon Web Services (AWS): 1 year (Required)
A-Level or equivalent (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)
To Learn More Contact Musa on 07760503030 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.