Another Live Role from NQB
2nd Line Support Engineer
|Salary||£28,000/year negotiable upon experience|
Are you looking to work for a Cutting Edge Technology Provider in Manchester?
Do you want to work for a dynamic company with a wonderful work hard play hard culture?
If yes then we have the role for you……
A well-established rapidly growing Manchester based MSP is looking to recruit for a number of Support Roles including a 2nd Line Support Technician.
They are a fast growing cloud services provider offering an exciting opportunity for the right individual to learn about all the latest technology as well as having the prospect of furthering their career as the company continues to grow rapidly, with high internal promotion prospects.
They have a relaxed inclusive culture where they try to look after customers, hence they want individuals that will strive to understand customer’s problems and help to resolve them quickly & efficiently. They are looking for strong team players who want to be part of a relaxed team culture where every team member contributes to finding solutions to customer’s issues.
The Job Role:
This role would suit an enthusiastic 2nd Line Technician, who is happy to get involved in all aspects of the job.
- Provide 2nd line support for all customers via phone, email or face-to-face, and remotely.
- Provide an escalation point for 1st line colleagues
- Following in-depth diagnosis, escalate to 3rd line where applicable
- Log all incidents and requests within the agreed service desk work management system
- Keep customers informed at all times
- Manage, prioritise and plan own work queue and deal with calls within the set SLAs
- Provide support and training to 1st line colleagues
- Proactively drive your own training from senior members of staff to bridge the knowledge gap
- Identify and drive through opportunities for improvement/change via the Service Improvement Plan
- Create and maintain knowledgebase articles to enable consistency and learning within the team
- Communicate effectively face to face or via email as appropriate with staff at all levels including Directors and Senior Management Required technical skills and experience:
- At least 12 months experience in a 2nd line IT Service Desk role
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Track record of a positive approach to learning
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Windows operating systems incl. 7, 8 and 10. Server OS 2003, 2008, 2012, AD, MS Exchange, Group Policy. Knowledge of and terminal services, Citrix and VM Ware highly desirable.
- Good problem solving skills, ability to work well as an individual and as part of a close team.
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales and changing priorities
- Any qualification in the Microsoft suite of products / ITIL / CISCO would be preferable although not essential.
- Up to £28,000/year basic salary
- Private Healthcare
- Gym Membership
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Office based role
Upon successful completion of a probationary period you will be eligible for free private health care, gym membership, pension and salary review.
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.