Another Live Role from NQB
Unity Developer – Contract Role
|Job Reference||NQB_UD012_JOB CTR|
Our Liverpool based Client is looking to recruit a Contract Unity Developer to help us create the next great AR, VR and games experiences. This is your chance to work with an ambitious yet welcoming studio that is gaining a global reputation in the burgeoning immersive tech sector.
We welcome job applications from people from all walks of life and if you have any questions ahead of applying please get in touch.
Our Client specialises in the exciting and cutting edge world of immersive technologies. Their niche is in the intersection of AR, VR and immersive experience with games and games technology. The work they do has gained recognition from industry leaders – they even boast patents relating to XR. Their projects are split between work-for-hire for and product development.
They are Recruiting a Unity developer to join their team of visionaries in the heart of Liverpool. Their 20+ creative problem solvers share a passion about the potential of emerging technology; they hope that you will share this same excitement.
With experience with real-time engine technology, preferably on a commercial level, you will be both capable and excited to tackle cutting edge R&D work, using Unity 3D, AR Foundation, Vuforia and other XR platforms, alongside developing and working on Draw & Code’s own pipeline production tools. alongside being able to work as part of a team, in an efficient and productive way.
While the studio is currently operating remotely, there may be some requirements to be present in the studio or on-site for location-based work at a later date.
As a Unity developer you will be able to work in a responsible and agile way, managing your workload effectively. You will be committed to keeping your skills, knowledge and understanding of your field up to date.
- 2+ years commercial experience in developing games or interactive experiences as part of a team
- Deep understanding of the Unity game engine and its main components
- Experience with mobile XR technologies: ARKit, ARCore, ARFoundation, XR Interaction Toolkit, Vuforia, Oculus SDK, VRTK
- Experience designing and implementing multiplayer games and experiences using Photon, Normal or Unity multiplayer.– Experience implementing a range of game styles and user experiences
- Experience developing internal tools to speed development processes and enable designers
- Strong C# and .NET knowledge in an object-oriented environment
- Good level of education, equivalent to at least degree level in a relevant subject such as software development, game development or computer science
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio/MonoDevelop
- Experience with the application of software design patterns
- Awareness of software pipeline efficiencies
- Good understanding of the importance of source control practices and fault tracking systems
- Experience with the GameSparks/PlayFab backend platforms
- Experience developing for headset XR devices
- Assisted in a process of training other developers in the learning of the Unity game engine.
- Ability to follow a self-determined project plan to deliver software in a timely manner
- 3D/2D game asset design experience desirable but not a requirement.
- Although we’re keen on qualifications, a good work portfolio can steal our hearts
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.
CALL US TODAY ON 0161 291 9196
NQB Recruitment Solutions, IMS Europa Business Park, Building 67, Office F9,
Bird Hall Lane, Stockport, SK3 0XA
Copyright © 2019 NQB International Limited (Registration Number 10074146)- All Rights Reserved. VAT Registration Number 299988100.