Another Live Role from NQB
Cyber Security Engineer
|Salary||up to £55k per year|
Cyber Security Engineer
Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join our IT function, based from the office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. The company is in the financial services sector that is never standing still and provides an exciting place to work for someone who likes to deliver to a high standard and is comfortable with change.
Working for the Cyber Security Manager within a team of security engineers and analysts is a hands-on technical role requiring a detailed understanding of the evolving security landscape and the technical ability to implement and configure security toolsets, provide best practice security advice, and design new security solutions.
Job Description Responsibilities:
- Implementation, management and maintenance of security toolsets
- Investigation of security events and incidents
- Resolution of service requests, incidents and problems
- Identification and remediation of vulnerabilities
- Identification of control gaps and ensuring adherence to best practices and standards
- Creation and maintenance of operational procedures, configuration and technical documentation
- Management and maintenance of security metrics and reporting
- Maintaining an awareness of new and emerging security technologies and threats
- Ensuring continual development of technical skills through both external and internal training and certification
Qualifications Essential Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of security technologies, including NGFW, WAF, IPS, EDR, NDR, AV, MDM, MFA, SIEM, email security, patch management, vulnerability management and vulnerability scanning
- Good knowledge of infrastructure, cloud, virtualisation and network security
- Experience working within a regulated environment
- Experience following change management and similar ITIL best practice
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for security, including the ability to keep current with the latest threats, technologies and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical security issues to both non-security and non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to work closely and collaboratively with the cyber security, IT and other teams and also independently
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, SSCP, Security+, CySA+, GIAC
The company offers a wide range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday, which can be flexed up/down. In addition, they also provide pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives,
travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent, and where appropriate, we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
Salary: £45,000 – £60,000 per annum, plus performance-related bonus and excellent benefits package.
*This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.
CALL US TODAY ON 0161 291 9196
NQB Recruitment Solutions, IMS Europa Business Park, Building 67, Office F9,
Bird Hall Lane, Stockport, SK3 0XA
Copyright © 2019 NQB International Limited (Registration Number 10074146)- All Rights Reserved. VAT Registration Number 299988100.