Another Live Role from NQB
Digital Services Consultant
|Salary||up to £50,000 per year|
A London based Client that brings together the expertise of world class engineers, economists and consultants to examine buildings and cities from a variety of angles, giving our clients a unique picture of the challenges to tackle and the assets and opportunities their project can capitalise on. Working on a diverse range of fascinating projects that cover complex buildings, urban development, infrastructure planning and design, resource management, and programme delivery, they are at the forefront of innovation.
This position is multifaceted to Support digital services team in the digital strategy, which will allow our Client to accelerate its digital transformation journey. The key objective is to grow their top line, by doubling digital services revenue in the next 2 years.
Broadly, our Client is split across two business units Cities and Buildings with approx. 1800 professionals in 21 locations worldwide, for over 40 years our Client Engineering has been building reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Digital services has been built from the ground up over the past 18 months in order to both position our Client in the digital space as well as identify clients, sectors and regions where targeted opportunities now need to be qualified, built and then ultimately delivered largely via a partner ecosystem (which has already been built).
Having a technical/solution Background of a wide range of smart city services is key to this role (please see the table of services below of which the ideal candidate should have proven experience of at least 2 years).
The role will report directly to the digital services associate director.
Skills & Experience:
The mission of this role is to enable both the proactive (market research based) and the pull-through of our Client’s Digital Services through the delivery of traditional engineering consulting services. Own demand generation for new-to-market services and execution of projects ensuring a joined up approach and alignment to the global company strategy. In consultation with the Digital Services Team, other sectors (where necessary), external 3PPs, it is essential for the candidate to demonstrate:
As an experienced Digital services Consultant, you will:
- Support the Associate with the full lifecycle Masterplan process (concept through to detailed design) for smart services / systems
- Assist the Associate in the development of The Employer’s portfolio of projects in order to support our clients and their project teams.
- Develop and build technical documents related to dependencies and requirements from other sub-systems.
- Developed and build evaluation technical documents on sub- consultants and relevant contractors specifications documents.
- collect and analyse data, and produce reports to demonstrate your findings
- Produce presentations that meet the client’s requirements with master-plan
- Prepare project plans, and distribute to task owners
- Coordinate with others (relevant parties within or out the company)
- You’ll typically work as part of a team, liaising with other professionals such as architects, contractors and surveyors
- A passion for digital transformation projects design
- Experience in a relevant telecommunications / ICT design engineering role
- Proven track record in a commercially focused business environment including expertise in project delivery
- Ability to operate as a discipline lead working within a technically astute team.
Have 2-4 years’ experience in one or more of the following information communication technologies & disciplines, including:
- Cellular mobile networks
- Wireless networks;
- Metropolitan area networking;
- Campus area networking;
- IoT Networks;
- Network Security;
- Smart Buildings / campus
- IP Switching and Routing;
- Bachelors degree is essential, either in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline
- Further IT/ control systems/ telecommunications qualifications desirable
This is a permanent full-time role based in the London office with both national and international travel approx.
Several digital services are shown below, the candidate should be comfortable with explaining several in detail from a technical architecture prospective along with hands on experience of the key vendors who can provide such solutions, and ideally the candidate would have many of these vendors with their network of contacts.
Call Musa now to discuss the role – 07760503030.
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.
CALL US TODAY ON 0161 291 9196
NQB Recruitment Solutions, IMS Europa Business Park, Building 67, Office F9,
Bird Hall Lane, Stockport, SK3 0XA
Copyright © 2019 NQB International Limited (Registration Number 10074146)- All Rights Reserved. VAT Registration Number 299988100.