Another Live Role from NQB
Junior Security Risk Analyst (Apprenticeship)
|Fully Remote Working
|£16000 per annum
Role Profile: Junior Security Risk Analyst (Apprenticeship)
Founded in 2013, our client is a digital wallet and trading platform that makes cryptocurrencies and other assets affordable and accessible for everyone. They provide borderless access to financial services you can’t get through your bank. Their mission is to be an easy and cost-effective way to trade cryptos, local currencies, metals & more, plus send funds to friends and family.
They’re seeking someone to join the team as a Junior Security Risk Analyst. In this role, you will gain an understanding of current cyber threats, hazards, and risks and how to apply the necessary controls, measures, and mitigation to protect the organization’s systems and people. You will learn about cybersecurity and other risks, governance, and compliance, including frameworks and relevant laws and regulations. You will also gain technical knowledge in areas such as security design and architecture, and security testing.
- Keep abreast of data protection and cybersecurity-related regulations, threats, and vulnerabilities and understand how they may impact the organization, its systems, services, and processes.
- Own and manage the administration of the Uphold GRC tool including the building of applications, jobs, and management of various processes.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and assess risks and ensure that the appropriate risk strategies are put in place and managed in line with company risk appetite.
- Assists in compliance-related activities associated with relevant organizational requirements, such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SOC 2, and SOX.
- Coordinate control testing and risk assessment schedules and report on progress to management.
- Maintain the risk register ensuring control testing, assessments, and risk mitigation plans are up to date.
- Identify areas for security training and awareness and coordinate.
- Develop security cases where appropriate including the security objectives, threats, and for every identified attack technique identify mitigation or security controls that could include technical, implementation, policy, or process.
- Undertake security assurance activities as required.
- Other general security tasks as required by the business.
Skills and experience:
- Basic knowledge of PCI DSS, SOX, SOC 2, and ISO 27001
- Basic Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, and other relevant legislation
- Experienced using Google Office suite
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Basic Salary of £16,000 per year
- 5 Hours per week (Standard Office Hours 9-5.30 Monday – Friday)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Fully Remote role
- Reporting to: SVP, Enterprise & Operational Risk
- Apprenticeship Standard: Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist / Risk Analyst
Contact Musa on 07760503030 or send a copy of your CV – email@example.com.
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.