Another Live Role from NQB
Mobile App / Flutter Developer
Flutter Developer (Mobile App)
Company Background and History
My Client is a Manchester City Centre-based software company, specialising in mobile app development. Established in 2014, the company is the owner of Mobile Platform – one of the most popular mobile apps on the app stores used by over 350,000 workers daily around the world. A truly international product with a passionate user-base, all based from Manchester.
They are expanding the team and looking for an enthusiastic developer to join its development team. It feels like a start-up, but without the uncertainties. The company offers a great culture, city-centre office space in a popular co-working centre, remote working options, flexible working hours, a strong and ethical culture and opportunities to expand your skills and experience quickly.
The company is currently switching development stack to use Flutter for all front-end apps. This is starting with an exciting project to rebuild the existing shift app, followed by new sister products. We are recruiting for a mid-level mobile app developer with at least 3 years commercial experience in any app development background, but also demonstrable Flutter experience (at least 1 year) who is excited to work for a small but growing app company.
The successfully candidate’s main role will be app development but will also have the opportunity to engage with all aspects of the new products from an incubation stage, including the design decisions, strategies and user testing.
As Mobile App Developer:
- Develop new mobile app-based products in Flutter for both Android & iOS devices and provide ongoing support & upgrades
- Be experienced in unit testing & other forms of testing, to provide first line testing for all new builds
- Support the new product as 1st line technical support, including bug tracking & timely fixing
- Research required technologies, languages, frameworks & platforms relevant to the company & its roadmap as appropriate
- Learn any skills, languages or tools as directed by the company
- Active involvement in team meetings, design workshops & stand-ups
- Continuous self-learning, to ensure role-related skills are kept up-to-date & to help identify new technology or technique options for the company
- Active engagement in product & service growth activities within the company, offering feedback and ideas on new features, opportunities & ways to improve our products & services
- Work closely with other developers & support them & their training as required
- 3+ years of mobile app development experience (iOS or Android)
- 1+ years of practical, demonstrable experience with Flutter
- A detailed understanding of key Flutter concepts such as Declarative UI, Widgets, Provider & other state management techniques
- A proven understanding of key development practices such as Object Orientated Programming, Unit Testing, performance-optimising code
- Understanding of Mobile App Development design patterns & techniques
- Experience in tracking bugs and investigating user issues
- Experience with iOS & Android operating systems
- Basic user experience & UI design & layout skills (not expected to have extensive UX design experience or skills)
- Experience delivering to a fixed schedule
- Demonstrable testing skills & techniques
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team or in isolation as required
- Ability & desire to learn quickly & self-learn using on-line tools & forums
- Experience using work tracking tools, particularly Asana (or experience with Jira/other Kanban or Sprint tools which track individual tasks & user stories)
What We Offer the Successful Candidate:-
- Salary of up to £40k
- Fully supported developer training – directly from existing developers & on-line
- Experience working with established products & user bases
- An opportunity to grow as part of an expanding company, with potential for progression into other parts of the business or to take more responsibility
- Flexible working hours & remote working options
- If office based, a great Manchester office space with a great social vibe & events
- A great social culture
- Involvement in the tech scene in Manchester, actively encouraged
- The company is primarily a mobile app development company, so needs to be expected that the majority of the role’s time will be involved in mobile app development or related activities (e.g. training)
- We have tight deadlines for the new product builds, so the successful candidate will be expected to start with a proven level of experience & hit the ground running
- As a small team, mind-set, cultural fit, a passion for mobile app development & for our product area are the most important traits we will be looking for during the interview stages
Please send across your CV to me on email@example.com.
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.