Another Live Role from NQB
Sales Director (Technology)
|Location||UK Wide - remote working|
|Salary||up to £100k basic salary|
Role: Sales Director.
Our Client is a well-established UK-based company providing a multitude of Analytics and Application Development services, coupled with Cloud and Managed services to business customers and leading technology partners throughout the world. The Company’s core ‘lines of business’ are: B2B Computing and Cloud Services. This includes UK wide end-user Analytics solution deployment for many major corporate organisations. With our head office in Nottingham, they also has offices in Manchester to support our growing business. In addition to providing services to organisations, they have also successfully partnered major technology vendors IBM/AWS/Microsoft, in delivering large scale deployment and support services throughout the UK for Analytics solutions. They are seeking to recruit a Sales Director to support our growing business and Sales Team.
The Sales Director will deliver Strategic direction and leadership for the sales function and board level business planning and budgeting, alongside the 2 founders, whom occupy Managing Director and Operations Director roles. Sales Director will have overall responsibility of a small but efficient sales, pre-sales and marketing function. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing software and service sales teams for some or similar products and offerings Our Client brings to market, such as, Microsoft Azure (Analytics Stack), ThoughtSpot, Cognos, TM1, AWS.., It is essential the candidate has a proven track record within the sales industry selling in to the mid-market £150m turnover to £500m as this is our key focus market place, complemented by some larger multi-national accounts.
Having grown the business to the current size themselves and managing the sales function, the directors are looking to hire an experienced Sales Director to grow the company and adopt a structured and robust sales team to take to market some exciting and award winning software and service offerings.
- The Sales Director will:
- Create a motivated, energetic and dynamic sales culture in the team.
- Prepare Annual Sales Strategy, Tactics, Targets and Budget.
- Management of Sales (3), Marketing (1) and Pre-sales team (1) (Current staff levels).
- Build strong long lasting commercial relationship with Customers;
- Representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
- Maximising new business development opportunities
- Manage Sales and CRM process with team and in the business.
- Support the Sales Team with customer-facing engagement assistance;
- Recruit and retain successful sales executives;
- Support appropriate initiatives from Support, R&D and Operations with sales offerings and go to market strategies.
- Compare competitive products to specify the most advantageous solutions for customers
- Undertake appropriate Vendor sales certifications and governance exams where required.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent Sales and Negotiation skills
- Extensive customer-facing experience;
- Proven Software Services experience; Proposal and Tender writing experience; The ability to motivate and lead a team:
- Have Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Vendor Management experience;
- Excellent commercial acumen;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent relationship-building skills;
- Affinity to both sales and technology functions
- Be based in UK with valid up to date driving license and Passport, ability travel throughout the UK and abroad is essential.
They consistently delivers high levels of customer satisfaction underpinned by its accredited methodologies and processes, including: ISO27001 for Information Security Management and reaching and retaining all Vendor governance process certification relating to Ethics, Anti-Bribery etc.
Package & Benefits:
They are offering a competitive package with a salary commensurate of experience plus commission/bonus. The role will attract a company contribution pension and personal health care cover.
Apply To apply for this role, please email your CV along with a covering letter outlining what you think you can bring to the business to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.