Another Live Role from NQB
Senior Business Intelligence Developer / Analyst
|£55,000 per year
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
A well-established Kent based client that provides boiler systems & products is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer.
The role is to support a very busy dynamic environment they are looking to recruit a Senior Business Intelligence Developer to help shape the information requirements which in turn will give the business the visibility it needs to continue to prosper and grow.
The role will be very diverse with reactive requests very common, therefore they are looking for someone who can think quickly on their feet and prioritise work accordingly. The role covers all aspects of the company and will require you to deal directly with every level of the business including management and stakeholders, both internal and external.
There is an expectation to provide out of hours support in case of critical failures outside of the core working hours of 08:00 – 17:30 hrs. This will be on a rota basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day data flow from key business systems to the data warehouse using SSIS / Microsoft Visual Studio
- Facilitate reporting and dashboard requirements as requested, from internal or external Customers, both scheduled and on demand
- Managing / monitoring Client interfaces, ensuring stability and availability of data transfer to / from Clients
- Managing reporting / dashboard changes via ITIL methodology ensuring changes are captured and approved prior to distribution
- Complete regular data reconciliations with client systems, identifying inconsistencies in data and provide necessary feedback
- Conducting data quality audits across Swale Heating software to ensure data accuracy and remediate where required
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line user support for data issues and requests
- Triaging / prioritising and escalating relevant calls on the IT Support Helpdesk
- Providing Out of Hours on-call as part of an IT Rota
- Assist the IT team as / when required with Infrastructure changes
- Any other duties set by Head of IT or other Senior Management
- Strong understanding of database & data warehousing principles
- Microsoft SSIS
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SSRS
- Power BI
- Understanding Business Requirements
- IT Change Management
- IT Project Management
- Microsoft Windows platforms from Windows 7 / Server 2008r2 onwards
Experience / Qualification:
- 3 years’ experience working in a database or BI development role (preferably SQL Server) in a 500 seat+ environment
- 2 years’ experience creating and amending packages
- 2 years’ experience working with ASP.net & VB /C#
- 2 years’ experience creating and amending reports
- 18 months experience creating dashboards & reports
- 2 years’ of gathering business requirements and translating into purposeful functional requirements
- 3 years’ of working in an ITIL based change management environment
- 18 months experience supporting IT projects
- 2 years’ infrastructure exposure and understanding
- Decision making
- Attention to detail / focus
- Ability to prioritise
- Problem solving
- Empathy, Creativity / flexibility
- Conflict resolution
Salary: up to £55k per year
Benefits: Pension, 25 days annual leave, PMI, Employee Discount Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
For more information call 01612919196.
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.