Another Live Role from NQB
SmartCities Consultant – 3 month Contract
|Salary||up to £600/day|
Solutions Architect – 3 month contract (London W1T)
This is a 3 month contract position to build the strategy to help our client build its digital transformation journey. Their objective to grow their top line, increase digital footprint, develop existing/new clients as well as consolidating their current digital initiatives (BIM, Smart Move, CAV).
This project aims to develop their overall technology strategy approach by providing an assessment of the current (As-As) and building the future (to-be) and more importantly mapping the journey, recommendations which can then be tested with one or two clients at the end of the project. Providing guidance on the emerging area of technology infrastructure, ‘smart cities’ and smart buildings and help to incorporate this area of opportunity into our project work, from the very outset.
There currently two contract positions to be filled the roles will help execute an internal goto market study across 12 dimensions with each consultant taking leadership and ownership of 4 dimensions each with responsibility of providing insights & proactive input across the entire project as well. Project digital 360° has high visibility within the client with key project sponsors being CEO, CFO, COO as well as several members of the head of specialist sectors. The role will report directly to the digital services director who is the overall owner of the project.
Essentials Skills Required
Each consultant will be responsible for a set of deliverables related to their area of focus or expertise and it will be theses deliverables on which the payment milestones will be aligned. The consultant must have a proven track record in developing extensive smart city solutions (at least 6) and partnerships (at least 10), where strong evidence will be required in order to demonstrate past experience.
The role requires an individual with a minimum of 15 years professional experience, undertaking digital services strategies and digital master planning within the real estate urban development sector. The individual should be a strong individual contributor with a positive can do attitude who can work well under pressure and time constraints. Given the nature of the business there will be an intrinsic nature of making intelligent assumptions hence this should be an area of proven experience and skill. Given the level of remote work required in this role, the individual must be a highly motivated self-starter, requiring little instruction.
The list below shows the focus areas required from a digital transformation/goto market prospective, which are essential to both roles.
- Product Strategy (enhancement of current solutions, in re-usable form, pre-package and value based)
- Sales Strategy (development of a sales approach both internally & externally)
- Service Delivery Strategy (need to develop beyond a delivery model, requires a solid database of delivery partners, affiliates)
- Smart Solutions Strategy (building a smart solution which pans across a number of vertical products)
- Standards, Thought Leadership (development of whitepaper, evaluation of smart city bodies, bring in new innovative ideas)
- Partnership Strategy (build extensive partnership agreements, relevant to solutions offering)
- Competitive Strategy (coopetition, what should be the winning strategy as a niche player?)
- Alternative Strategy (identify potential M&A candidates)
- What can I bring to the technical smart solutions role?
- IT/Digital management consulting background with proven experience building digital platforms
- Understanding of goto market programmes and the deployment of digital systems
- Additional sector expertise in either Utilities (water, energy), transport (aviation, rail), buildings (space, lighting), sports (stadia), culture, education, urban development, healthcare
- Understanding of enterprise, solution and data architecture
- Worked closely with construction engineering teams and digital infrastructure teams to develop a coordinated strategy
- Experience in digital infrastructure within the construction sector using public/private cloud, SD-WAN, NFV, IoT, Digital Ecosystems, across vendors such as Microsoft
- Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, PTC
- Familiarity with smart city projects in Barcelona, Toronto, Dubai, Singapore, Uk
- Experience of cross vertical solutions, linking end to end solutions across various technologies
- Experience in creating ‘smart city’ strategies using IoT and innovative solutions
- Experience in producing actionable goto market strategies for developing competence, product, service delivery and smart solutions strategies, working knowledge of functional blocks of a digital platform
- Experience of procurement and delivery of digital services and systems for end clients
- Experience in developing smart city strategy documents and able to share sample working examples
- Experience with running client interviews, workshops
Experience with IT and Enterprise networks, Cloud strategies, SDN, SDDP, NFV, Security, IoT & IIoT, AI, XaaS, big data analytics and platforms, smart metering, lighting, transport solutions to name a few.
- The individual will come from a background of developing extensive smart solutions background in a smart city project with a high degree of technical knowledge in either a delivery (solution architect) or business development role, ideally working for a large system integrator.
So if you have what it takes get in touch immediately by applying for the role – call Musa on 07760503030 or send across your CV.
To find out more about this vacancy, please complete the form below.